Labels

10.23.2013

CABLE-RIB CARDI

Whooo hoooo....
It's finally done! This is the loongeest project I've ever encountered. LOL. This one ordered by my friend, few months ago (yes months ago!) she sent me a picture and she said she want me to knit something like this:
The image isn't clear enough for me to see the details. Actually, the picture next to this, which is originally attached,(I already cropped it, sorry) showed similar shape with different color and clearer cable pattern. Just simple repetitive cable. But it looks slightly different. (Oh God, should I believe my eyes?) And I don't see armhole seam at the other picture.
After considering one and other thing, I decided to knit a seamless cardigan. Since the cable pattern is 'happen' anywhere at the fabric, well, I'll do it too! So the project began with a lot of calculation and sketch. I created a pattern for multiple size for you to purchase (I almost drain my brain for this), but this one is custom size. The hardest part is joining the pattern into a large yoke, and I want the pattern to keep continues. I learnt a lot from here. Due to a sudden miscellaneous business (it was before Idul Fitri-two mos go), I could only knit a few rows/ day (literally FEW) and sometimes not at all. Now, two months later, I finished it

After two months this cardigan finally done 

I improvise here and there, also decided to crochet the front opening edge instead of knit it. I don't crochet very well so I need to consulted with my friend for that. Crochet is sturdy, I believe it will be suitable for big button band and neck edging  where the opening is pretty wide.  And I'm happy with the result! This is front post/back post double crochet , and it's good to substitute ribbing.


Do you see the painting at background? My mother painted that herself.

Are you knitting? 
Yes : This pattern will be available soon on ravelry store
No : Ah, I'll be back with knitting tutorial ( I hope soon, in Bahasa)

See you around, HANK

Best warmer regards 

Casting On!

2 comments:

  1. Dek Dian, keren abisssss karya-karyanya!! Mau dong diajarin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eh ada mbak Tyas..Haloo mbaak....terimakasiih..boleh boleh, bsk2 tak bkin tutorial merajut wis

    ReplyDelete