Labels

8.01.2013

Alley


Alley is my first seamless top. I created the yoke pattern a few years back but I haven’t found ‘a place’ to knit with the pattern yet…until a few weeks ago.  And I already have a name for this pattern: 4 petals flower with bobbles.

So the story begins. I have a pale pink and a deep red yarns, contrast color is the best to show off a pattern. I was using Elizabeth Zimmerman’s Knitting without Tears as a guide (since this is my first time I didn't plan to knit blindly). It’s true, when knitting seamless from bottom, the body part felt like forever! But the fun and most important part happened at the very last: the yoke. The slightly ruffled effect was accidental, but surprisingly I love it….

When the fabric finished, time to give a name. 4 Petals flower with bobbles yoke top is ridiculously long, so I need to look for something else. Before the name even found, I need a picture to show you all the result. I have some ideas how the picture will be, but considering the situation, we are quite busy right now, finally I end up in an alley not far from home. It’s a small passage behind the main street and surrounded with people’s houses. A series of photo spoiler happened too! A man peeking from behind and he clearly visible in the frame! The pictures are continues so he continually appear.  I need the help of photo processing software to eliminate him from the focus.

see the old man in red?

So this is where the name comes from: Alley, though I would rather imagine I was walking in a path with bushes and flower bed rather than people’s houses. But thanks it didn't happen. If it were flowers, then I’m invisible J
The pattern is available in ravelry for free in limited time, how to customize is included.  Be sure to download it (and knit it). I really want to see yours!
HANK..


CastingOn!

0 comments:

Post a Comment